Anjuta 2 session managment questions

Ok I'm working on the session managment stuff now.  I have a couple of
questions.  I understand what a property is but what is a group? Is
there any component that actualy uses session managment as of now?  My
session file is mostly blank:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<anjuta-session name="default"/>

It would be nice to see some code so I can get it right.  Things such
as, should I use the properties hash as the main storage or is it simply
a conduit for saving and loading the sessions, would be nicely answered
by some code.

Thanks.
--
J5