Docking merged into GTk / Anjuta 1 being ported

I would like to suggest to try to integrate the code for the docking system in Anjuta 2 into GTk, because I think it should be part of the overall user interface and is as usable as docking in MFC apps.
Further I wonder why Anjuta 1 is being ported to GNOME2, because Anjuta 2 looks great and just lacks some features that are easily added. And in my opinion the great advantage of Anjuta2 is its modularity.