Small UI Tweak

Hi anjuta2 hackers!

I've been using anjuta2 for a couple of days and now I'd like to start hacking on it. Given that I don't like MDI interfaces, I usually detach the documents, build and project panes from the main window. Now I'd like to detach the toolbars (which is already possible) and attach them in other windows. This way, I could put the File, Edit and Highlight toolbars in the Documents windows, where I feel they belong. The only problem is... I don't know where to start!
Can someone give me some directions on where to start hacking?

   Thanks

       Giovanni