GObject plugins for anjuta2.

I've been experimenting with simplifying the anjuta plugin system a
little bit.  I would like a bit of feedback on what I've done so far
to see if everyone wants to do something like this, and if anybody has
any specific things they would like to see happen.

The main idea is to not use bonobo for the plugins themselves
(although some plugins would still load bonobo components).  The
reason is to make things simpler, easier to debug, and easier to
learn.

The basic design of the system is the same.  The major difference is
that we'd be using GObjects instead of BonoboObjects.  At first, menu
merging would still be done with BonoboUI. Another difference is that
each plugin will derive from AnjutaTool rather than just use an
AnjutaTool interface.

I've done a prototype of the new system, to get a feel for what it
would be like.  I put the shell interface at
http://primates.ximian.com/~dave/misc/anjuta-shell.h (this replaces
GNOME_Development_Shell.idl), and part of the document manager plugin
at http://primates.ximian.com/~dave/misc/document-manager-tool.c.
After doing this much of the prototype, I think it would probably take
another weekend or two of work to have everything ready.  It's
surprisingly easy to implement.

There is also a more in-depth discussion of the motivations, pros, and
cons of doing this at
http://primates.ximian.com/~dave/misc/anjuta-gobject-plugins.txt

What do people think of doing something like this?

-dave