Re: terminal plugin

On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 15:59, Dave Camp wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 07:58, Jeroen Zwartepoorte wrote:
> > Hi Dave,
> >
> > I wrote a simple terminal plugin based on the zvt widget. Some stuff
> > like the font is not yet configurable. I need some help on how to best
> > do that (integration with anjuta2 etc).
>
> I've always been of the opinion that a terminal plugin should grab
> settings from gnome-terminal.  Presumably gnome-terminal is already set
> up the way the user likes it.
>
> > OK to commit?

Yes, it makes a good sense to pick up the terminal preferences from the
gnome-terminal, but unfortunately, it is not going to be a little hack.
While fonts could be easily set with zvt function zvt_term_set_font_name
(it takes full x11 font name. So, any typo and we get the default
"fixed" font), setting colors is no child's play with all those terminal
color schemes.

So, I think it could be committed and eventually, we can have those
preferences from gnome-terminal implemented in due course.

--
Regards,
-naba

Real programmers don't write in BASIC.  Actually, no programmers write
in
BASIC after reaching puberty.