Re: gnome-build hanging (fwd)

On Thu, 2002-08-22 at 23:14, Gustavo Giráldez wrote:
> Hello all,

> So, even if this particular issue is solved, there still remains the
> general case: what to do if the module wants to share static data with
> the application (e.g. a quark registration from a static string).  In
> this case, the module can't be unloaded.

I don't think there is any reason why a plugin will *need* to share
static data with the application.  Ideally we should be able to unload
plugins correctly, without needing to keep them resident like this.

For quarks, you can just use g_quark_from_string() instead of
g_quark_from_static_string().  gnome-build shouldn't export any apis
that rely on static data that outlasts project plugins.

-dave