Re: gnome-build hanging

Hi Gustavo,

On 20 Aug 2002, Gustavo [ISO-8859-1] Giráldez wrote:
> Hi Jeroen,
>
> On Sat, 2002-08-17 at 08:23, Jeroen Zwartepoorte wrote:
> > I managed to get a backtrace today when gnome-build/anjuta2 hanged on
> >
> > It looks like a deadlock. Backtrace isn't much use further i think.
>
> The backtrace doesn't look very useful.  Is this still a problem?  Under
> what circumstances?  Which project were you trying to load?

It's still a problem.

It occasionally happens when i load a project. In the case of the
stacktrace, it was with gnome-build, but i also had some problems today
when opening the anjuta2 project.

The stacktrace i did today (didn't save it) wasn't much use either. It
showed it hanging in the save_layout method in anjuta2/src/window.c iirc.
(lots of xml methods before that in the trace).

What i'm seeing in the terminal is something like "message: spawning
script" and then nothing. Normally, the script outputs some debug info,
but when the problem happens, it outputs nothing.

I plan to add some debug printfs to the automake backend to see where it
hangs exactly.

Jeroen