Re: [ANN] TagManager 0.5

> I'm currently looking for a C/C++ parser to replace
the current ctags
> parser (since it is too tightly integrated with
ctags and difficult to
> enhance). It should be small and be able to
recognize preprocessing
> directives - anyone has any suggestions ?

I know that the CCView program has a c++ parser.
Right now the maintainer is working on breaking the
parser out of the main ccview program into a library.
It is not complete, but I think if you were looking
for some code to use, CCView has it.  I have recently
been writing a gvim bonobo wrapper for use in CCView,
and don't know the exact state of the parser or how
far along the seperation is.  I am under the
impression that it is fairly complete, and there will
be a new release of CCView with the new parser in a
month or so... don't quote me on that tho :)

Disclaimer: This parser just looks for class
declarations and member functions, but it does parse
the files and provide a list of all the classes and
each member function in each class.  It would need
some work to be useful for all-purpose tag generation,
but it would be better to start with this code than to
re-invent the wheel, if you don't find any tag
generation tools that can be used.  (maybe! depends of
course on what you want....)  I believe C style
functions have been added to the parser, but not in a
release yet? Not sure tho.... I remember hearing
something about it.

CCView home page
http://home.xnet.com/~ronjones/ccview.html

John