gdl moving to gnome2

We are beginning to port gdl to gnome2. This is the plan: We have a 1.4 branch (gdl-0-1-branch). This was created before naba checked in his symbol browser, so we need to merge the trunk to gdl-0-1-branch before the port begins. Please commit any 1.4 bugfixes on this branch. No new 1.4 code should be checked in. gnome2 development will happen on the mainline. Gustavo has been working on porting gdl. He has a patch that ports the gdl/ subdirectory. With gdl/ ported and scintilla-control/ deprecated (for right now), all we will have left is the symbol browser. The symbol browser is going to take a bit of effort, as it is written with old style bonobo objects. To summarize: No 1.4 code on HEAD, only bugfixes on gdl-0-1-branch, port to gnome2 happening on the mainline.