Re: IDL:GDF/Debugger oaf_query finds no debuggers

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 04:44:26PM -0400, Ed Snible wrote:
> I haven't been able to get gIDE w/gnome-debug to debug gnome-games/gnibbles.
>
> Inspecting the code I see gdf-debugger-client.c /
> gdf_debugger_client_new_for_mime_type ("application/x-executable-binary") is
> returning NULL because the OAF query for debuggers isn't returning any.  Is
> it likely I've mis-installed gnome-debug?  OAF?
>
> Someone on this list mentioned a command-line oaf query tool.  Please tell me
> more.  I'd like to be able to experiment with these queries interactively.

I think that was me.  The command is oaf-run-query and simply accepts one parameter specifying the query.  For the query language format please refer to docs/query-language.txt in the oaf module (you can view it from bonsai or lxr also at cvs.gnome.org).  Also, take a look at the .oaf files (in $prefix/share/oaf) for fields to build the query conditions.

> Other minor gIDE items:
> The twenty character limitation on the find dialog for the Scintella editor
> is frustrating when the functions I'm looking for have names like
> gdf_debugger_client_new_for_mime_type.

That was me for sure.  Somebody with cvs access please replace the gtk_entry_new_with_max_length() with plain simple gtk_entry_new() at the scintilla_find_dialog_new and scintilla_replace_dialog_new functions (both at scintilla-find.c).

[snip]

Cheers,

Gustavo