[Gnome-devtools] gnome-build status

Hi,

at campd's request, a status report of gnome-build.

gnome-build consists of three parts:

1) a buildfiles parser
2) a gui frontend that lets the user create/change his build files
3) a part that contains the data from the buildfiles, fed from the
   parser, and handing out that data through the gui or the CORBA
   interfaces.

These parts can be developed independantly. Currently in the
gnome-build module in cvs is only a skeleton of the third part.

What needs to be done:

on 3):
 - complete the API to feed it and implement that
 - create the API to write out the files and implement it
 - implement the CORBA interface methods with which you can query the
   data
 - create an API to build a list of libraries and their dependencies

on 2)
 This is completely undone as of yet.

on 1)
 Either complete the parser that I've built for laser or start from
 scratch. The Makefile.am part is mostly complete, but the configure.in
 part probably needs quite a bit of work.

My plan was to finish 3) first, which is the central part. 2) should
be fairly trivial, and 1) isn't really easy to finish until at least
the APIs of 3) are done.

hope this helps,
Martijn