Re: [Gnome-devtools] Handling External Dependencies

On Fri, Apr 14, 2000 at 01:03:30AM +0200, Martijn van Beers wrote:

> For example, you have an add_cflag() method in you Target interface
> (actually you don't but I assume it is supposed to be there).  That is

Hmm, yes. I think that needs to be added. It's not there because
automake doesn't support per-target compiler flags.

[...]

> I'm trying to provide clues for the IDE and backend to intelligently
> deal with these issues without tying itself to a single backend's
> representation.

How about something like this:

<library name="bonobo">
  <dependency name="gnome-libs"/>
  <dependency name="gnome-print"/>
  <dependency name="ORBit"/>
  <param name="version" type="string"/>
</library>

and

<flag name="debug" description="Output debugging symbols"/>

Then have the backend determine how this translates to its files. I
realize this way we won't be able to catch everything, but no scheme
ever will, and you can just add plain cflags/ldflags to the target
for stuff that won't fit into any dependency.

Martijn