Re: Programmatically showing the gnome panel logout dialog from external program
- From: William Jon McCann <mccann jhu edu>
- To: Isak Savo <isak savo gmail com>
- Cc: gnome-devel-list gnome org, Calum Benson <Calum Benson sun com>
- Subject: Re: Programmatically showing the gnome panel logout dialog from external program
- Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 09:44:08 -0400
Isak Savo wrote:
The new Gnome Screensaver provides a DBus API that you can listen to.
I'm not currently up-to-date with the functionality it provides, but
it sends out messages when the screensaver activates and IIRC, there's
also a method to get the idle time.
xchat-gnome has a plug-in that uses this (autoaway) and so does gaim I
Autoaway for xchat-gnome is here:
The gnome-screensaver DBUS API is
for CVS HEAD:
For GNOME 2.14:
xchat-gnome seems to use the Active property. This doesn't get set if
the user has disabled the "Activate screensaver when session is idle"
checkbox in the preferences. You may be interested in using the
SessionIdle property instead. It is set even if the screensaver does
not "activate" (ie. blank the screen).
dbus-monitor --session \
] [Thread Prev