Converting to XSMP from WM_SAVE_YOURSELF

I have an X11 program which is written in C
and uses only libX11.so calls.  (No intrinsics,
no Motif, no widgets)  I am adding support
for XSMP and am currently testing on Linux
Fedora Core 3.

Using the:
      X Session Management Library
      Version 1.0
      X Consortium Standard
      X Version 11, Release 6.7
      Ralph Mor
      X Consortium
as a guide.  Fine piece of work Mr. Mor.

I have built a test program which works
and incorporated the calls and callbacks into my
program.  All the calls work as documented and the
X11 program is restored after logging off and logging
back on.  (I am running with "Automatically Save
Changes to Session" turned on in the preferences.)
Debugging info shows the callbacks are called as expected
and the $HOME/.gnome2/session looks good.

My save state information is all held in the command line
so I am not using the SM properties dealing with the
state file.

The problem I am having is that when I log out, I still
get the message:  "These windows do not support Save Current
Setup ..." message on logoff.  It flags the window which has
the new XSMP code.

Is there anyone on the list who understands libSM.so well enough
to know why I am still getting this message and what needs to be
done to clean this up?

Three additional pieces of information:
1.  I have not removed the WM_SAVE_YOURSELF code as some platforms,
    like Solaris 8 and HP/UX still use it.  I also still set WM_COMMAND
    as I use that property.

2.  I do not see in any of the calls how my connection to the Session Manger
    is identified to belong with the particular main window.  The Session Manager
    could be very sneaky and use techniques similar to XKill, I suppose.  I do
    not see any calls in the documentation where I tell the Session Manager the
    window ID.

3.  I have tried setting up the Session Manager connection both before and
    after the X windows were created.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Robert E. Styma
Principal Engineer (DMTS)
Lucent Technologies, Phoenix
Email: stymar lucent com / styma swlink net
Phone: 623-582-7323  Cell: 602-478-0114
Company:  http://www.lucent.com
Personal: http://www.swlink.net/~styma