RE: Widget for displaying filesystem contents

"
On 9/6/05, Foster Gareth <gareth foster siemens com> wrote:
> Somebody over on the gtkmm list was after a widget to display directory
> trees, did you write the code in such a way that this part of your program
> could become some sort of standalone widget?

Not properly... but maybe it can be modified in such a way.
Anyway, I have plans to extend Baobab functionalities (i.e. graphical
treemaps, fast multimedia search, etc..) that will push it more
towards a stand-alone application, as it is now.
"

Thought I'd enquire and pass this on, you may be able to pilfer the code and
create a pucker GObject style directory tree widget from that, then add a
C++ wrapper. Sounds like a lot of work, but I'm sure "The Saltydog
[thesaltydog gmail com]" would tell you that it was a lot of work to write
his directory tree display code. Food for thought I'm sure.

Here is his original post to the gnome-devel:

"
This is to request verification of my application Baobab for a
possible inclusion in gnome "extra".

Baobab is a C/Gtk+ directory-tree analyser. Information, source and
package download is on my web site:
http://www.marzocca.net/linux/baobab.html
"

Cheers all,