Re: mass file delete problem with nautilus ?
- From: Xavier Bestel <xavier bestel free fr>
- To: Rod Butcher <rbutcher hyenainternet com>
- Cc: gnome-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: mass file delete problem with nautilus ?
- Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 14:29:55 +0200
On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 14:15, Rod Butcher wrote:
> I've had a problem occurring fairly regularly when I use nautilus to
> empty a lot of ext3 files (1000's) from the wastebasket - after a while
> the disk goes into "read-only" state - cant delete or create any files.
> Yet hdparm shows the disk is still in readwrite mode.
Looks like your drive is faulty, and your fstab is set to remount the
filesystem readonly on errors. My advice: make backups, fast ! And buy
] [Thread Prev