Re: Gnome Package Manager?

Hongli Lai wrote:

Foster, Gareth wrote:

What about autopackage.org?

I wouldn't have a clue whether they provide a nice package management api. I do know they planned to tie into package management back ends at some point,
but last time I checked, they hadn't - always seemed odd to me that that
wasn't the priority, anything else ought to be a fallback method didn't it?

It hasn't been done yet because of lack of manpower. That is the primary reason. But there's one thing more important than making it integrate with the native database: making it WORK. After all, that is the goal, and we're already very busy with making it work well. :/

And it should be noted that native package database integration is a different thing than native package dependency resolving. The latter is probably easier to implement.