Re: Perceived Software Quality Survey (PESQUS) for GNOME

On Sun, 2005-01-16 at 13:41 -0500, Human Aspects of Software Engineering
wrote:
> Dear GNOME Users and Developers:
>
> We are conducting empirical research on the quality and interface
> aspects of
> various open-source and proprietary software. Therefore, we are
> investigating
> the quality of the GNOME desktop software as perceived by its users.
> For this
> purpose, we have created a short survey.  We would highly appreciate
> it if
> you could follow the link below and fill out this survey:
>
> http://www.umbc.edu/hase/gnome-pesqus-survey.html
>
> The developers who use GNOME during their daily computer operations
> can
> respond too.
>
> Many thanks for your help.
>
> HASE
> HUMAN ASPECTS of SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
> INFORMATION SYSTEMS DEPARTMENT, UMBC
> hase umbc edu
>
> All HASE surveys are reviewed and approved by the Institutional Review
> Board
> of UMBC.
>
> P.S. Apologies if you received more than one copies.

I have tried to answer these questions, but it's difficult to understand
the meaning of some of them.  For example:

B.3. GNOME froze during its operation.

I've had xorg-x11/xfree86 freeze a few times, but this isn't Gnome.
I've also killed my fair share of Evolution, Firefox, etc windows, but
again this isn't Gnome freezing.  What exactly is Gnome freezing?

--
Tom Wesley <tom tomaw org>