OT: Problem with swedish characters and gtk_label

Hi

I'm sorry if this is OT

I'm working with a application that uses swedish characters and i have a problem with displaying swedish characters with gtk_label. I can use ÅÄÖ when the label is created and it display it correctly but then i use gtk_label_set_text() to update the text, it stops the word when the swedish characer occurs. Looks something like this ...

Original word i want to display:
Norrköping

Result i get with gtk_label_set_text():
Norrk
and it's cut where the swedish character should be.  I guess it have to do with language setting in some way.

My code looks like this:

--- start code block ---
// 		Adress
		fgets(post,500,temp);
		strncpy(field,post,cut_string(post));
		strncat(field," ",1);
		memset(post,0,strlen(post));
		fgets(post,500,temp);
		strncat(field,post,cut_string(post));

		fgets(post,500,temp);
		strncat(field,post,cut_string(post));
		entry_widget = lookup_widget(GTK_WIDGET(button), "label27");
		gtk_label_set_text ((GtkLabel*) entry_widget, field);
		memset(post,0,strlen(post));
		memset(field,0,cut_string(post));
--- end code block ---

I'm thankful for any hint or suggestion.

Thanks
Magnus