Re: [OT] Acronyms again [Re: [Usability] GNOME 2.6+ usability: points of critique]

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 19:47:05 +0100 (IST), Alan Horkan
<horkana maths tcd ie> wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, Kalle Vahlman wrote:
> > Those people are the ones who believe that simply asking kindly is too
> > little but haven't realized that since most(?) of the developers do
> > not get paid for what they do, a statement like "I won't use it
> > anymore if you don't fix it" has the same impact as "I will not say
> > hello to you if we pass each other on the street if you don't fix it"
> > (from a complete stranger).
>
> If they ignore you it does not harm.
>
> If you ignore them someone else might be willing to humour them with a
> more polite answer and get them to be a bit more polite which is what I
> tried to do and I think have succeeded to do in this case.

Yeah, I meant to write after that paragraph that the reason for them
to believe that kindly asking won't help can be caused by a hostile
answer to previous request, so that should be avoided and not just
because of good manners.

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi