Re: Scaffold

On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 11:50 -0500, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 09:43, Colin JN Breame wrote:
> > In a month and a half, I finish my 3 year compsci degree and it looks
> > like I'm going to have a nice long summer.
> >
> > Is scaffold still being developed?  Is there a website (or wiki)?  How
> > could I get involved?  Who else is involved?
>
> Well I'm somewhat involved though I have been busy with my move to Red
> Hat and finishing up projects at my current job.  That is happening next
> week and after that I can assess how much time I have to work on
> Scaffold as it will not be part of my official duties.  Currently where
> it stands there is a rewrite of the internal plugin architecture in
> progress.  Not sure if we have been moving ahead on that but once the
> design is solidified I am more than happy to hack on that so I can move
> foreword with my own plugins.  I am out of the loop right now so things
> might have been happening behind the scenes.
>
> > I have the sources but they won't compile on my system (gdl - problem
> > with GTK_COMBO and the symbol browser)
>
> Hmm, I haven't compiled it lately.  I could check it out after I move.
> Do you have the latest GTK (2.4)?  And what distro are you building on?
>
> --
> J5

Well, I'm using GTK 2.4 and I'm currently on gnome 2.6rc1 (gcc 3.3.3).

The compile error is as follows:

symbol-browser.c: In function `gsb_update_tree':
symbol-browser.c:190: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer
without a cast
symbol-browser.c: In function `gnome_symbol_browser_init':
symbol-browser.c:868: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer
without a cast
symbol-browser.c:872: error: invalid type argument of `->'
symbol-browser.c:874: error: invalid type argument of `->'
symbol-browser.c: In function `gnome_symbol_browser_set_file':
symbol-browser.c:1030: error: invalid type argument of `->'
symbol-browser.c:1037: warning: passing arg 1 of `g_list_append'
discards qualifiers from pointer target type
symbol-browser.c:1040: warning: passing arg 1 of `g_list_free' discards
qualifiers from pointer target type
symbol-browser.c:1042: error: invalid type argument of `->'

The compiler doesn't quite get the line numbers right but it looks like
it is the macros:

gtk_tree_path_new_root
gtk_combo_new
GTK_COMBO

Seems that these are deprecated.  Either that or it is a short circuit.

Colin