gnome-print question

Hi there,

I have posted this question to gnome-print-list and got no answer. I am
hoping to get some help here, since gnome-print-list seems unusually
quiet for an active list. Sorry if this was not a good idea :-)

I have a question about setting the page size for the job. I would like
to set the paper size to one of the following:
    Letter, Legal, A0-A5, B0-B6, B, C, D, or E.

The trick is that I need to set the page size _before_ the job is laid
out and the gnome-print dialog appears.

My problem is this: when I set up gnome-print config from default, I
can only choose from the handful of sizes (Letter, Legal, Executive,
A4, Monarch Envelope). No A0-A3, A5, B0-B6, etc. It seems that this is
because my CUPS printing system only supports that handful of sizes.

Is there a way to initialize config to the Postscript backend so that
more paper sizes are available to set in config?

If this is a silly question and I totally misunderstand the inner
workings of gnome-print (as I most likely do), could anybody please direct
me to any docs explaining these things.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Alex

--
Alexander Roitman   http://ebner.neuroscience.umn.edu/people/alex.html
Dept. of Neuroscience, Lions Research Building