gnome-print question

Hi there,

I have posted this question to gnome-print-list and got no answer. I am
hoping to get some help here, since gnome-print-list seems unusually
quiet for an active list. Sorry if this was not a good idea :-)

I have a question about setting the page size for the job. I would like
to set the paper size to one of the following:
    Letter, Legal, A0-A5, B0-B6, B, C, D, or E.

The trick is that I need to set the page size _before_ the job is laid
out and the gnome-print dialog appears.

My problem is this: when I set up gnome-print config from default, I
can only choose from the handful of sizes (Letter, Legal, Executive,
A4, Monarch Envelope). No A0-A3, A5, B0-B6, etc. It seems that this is
because my CUPS printing system only supports that handful of sizes.

Is there a way to initialize config to the Postscript backend so that
more paper sizes are available to set in config?

If this is a silly question and I totally misunderstand the inner
workings of gnome-print (as I most likely do), could anybody please direct
me to any docs explaining these things.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Alexander Roitman
Dept. of Neuroscience, Lions Research Building
2001 6th Street SE, Minneapolis, MN  55455
Tel (612) 625-7566   FAX (612) 626-9201