Re: Where is the future in network libraries for GNOME
- From: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>
- To: "Claudio Saavedra V." <csaavedra alumnos utalca cl>
- Cc: gnome-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Where is the future in network libraries for GNOME
- Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 23:31:55 +0200
On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 18:24 -0400, Claudio Saavedra V. wrote:
> Hi all.
> I have seen two wide used libraries for network applications: GNet and
> GNetwork. I want to choose between one of those for my application.
> Keeping holy wars out of the question, i wonder wich one of those is a
> better option thinking in a good integration with GNOME Desktop software
> and future plans.
> Comments, opinions? it will be very appreciated.
GNetwork uses GObject, whereas GNet didn't last time I looked at it.
Apart from that, the functionality provided in both is quite similar.
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>
][Date Next] [Thread Prev