Re: [Usability] Re: Keyboard layout preview in gnome-control-center
- From: Sam Stephenson <sstephenson gmail com>
- To: "Sergey V. Udaltsov" <sergey_udaltsov pochta ru>
- Cc: gnome-devel-list gnome org, usability gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Usability] Re: Keyboard layout preview in gnome-control-center
- Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 12:25:41 -0400
On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 17:13:16 +0100, Sergey V. Udaltsov
<sergey_udaltsov pochta ru> wrote:
> > I think the picture of the keyboard should be where it is. The
> > rendering needs a facelift, but I think it's in the right position.
> > Endless popups are just annoying.
> Well, for me extra window is annoying, true. But usability-wise showing
> and updating the popup on the tab 5 while the controls are on the tabs 2
> and 3 - sounds really ugly (for example, it is not obvious at all that
> options on the tab 3 affect the layout as well as option on the tab 2).
> It is some kind of "driving blind". In the ideal world, person should
> be able look at the resulting layout at the same time as he/she changes
> the configuration.
What about a GtkExpander that contains the preview image positioned
vertically in between the notebook and the bottom buttons? The
dialog's height could grow and shrink as necessary.
] [Thread Prev