Can I get a handle to a widget in a GTK application from another application?

Hi,
Can I get a handle to a widget in a GTK application from another application?

 I tried to use libwnck. I am able to get the window ids of other windows being created, but am unable to get GtkWidget from the window id.

Am I heading in the correct direction? I am very new to X11/GTK/glib.
It would be great if somebody could guide me.
Thanks in advance.

Regards
Kala

Yahoo! India Careers: Over 50,000 jobs online.