Re: Workspace Specific Desktops

On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 11:44 -0800, paul pksings com wrote:
> I'm a bit of a long-time Linux user and have come really like Gnome
> because it is clean, fast and just plain looks and works well. There is
> one feature in it that I personally really would like to see however,
> workspace specific backgrounds instead of the one background for all
> workspaces.
>
> In researching how to do it I find that it apparently can not be done.

It can be done - or at least I had it some time ago. I was using
enlightenment instead of metacity. And enlightenment is capable of doing
it - as far as I can remember...

cheers,
Hp.
--
Hanspeter Kunz                  Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
Ph.D. Student                   Department of Information Technology

Spamtraps: hkunz bogus ailab ch hkunz bogus ifi unizh ch
---
-- All articles that coruscate with resplendence are not truly auriferous.
-- When there are visible vapors having the prevenience in ignited
	carbonaceous materials, there is conflagration.
-- Sorting on the part of mendicants must be interdicted.
-- A plethora of individuals wither expertise in culinary techniques vitiated
	the potable concoction produced by steeping certain coupestibles.
-- Eleemosynary deeds have their initial incidence intramurally.
-- Male cadavers are incapable of yielding testimony.
-- Individuals who make their abode in vitreous edifices would be well
	advised to refrain from catapulting projectiles.
--
Hanspeter Kunz                  Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
Ph.D. Student                   Department of Information Technology
Email: hkunz ailab ch           University of Zurich
Tel: +41.(0)44.63-54306         Andreasstrasse 15, Office 2.12
http://ailab.ch/people/hkunz    CH-8050 Zurich, Switzerland

Spamtraps: hkunz bogus ailab ch hkunz bogus ifi unizh ch
---
Words have a longer life than deeds.
		-- Pindar
--
Hanspeter Kunz                  Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
Ph.D. Student                   Department of Information Technology
Email: hkunz ailab ch           University of Zurich
Tel: +41.(0)44.63-54306         Andreasstrasse 15, Office 2.12
http://ailab.ch/people/hkunz    CH-8050 Zurich, Switzerland

Spamtraps: hkunz bogus ailab ch hkunz bogus ifi unizh ch
---
Si jeunesse savait, si vieillesse pouvait.
	[If youth but knew, if old age but could.]
		-- Henri Estienne
--
Hanspeter Kunz                  Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
Ph.D. Student                   Department of Information Technology
Email: hkunz ailab ch           University of Zurich
Tel: +41.(0)44.63-54306         Andreasstrasse 15, Office 2.12
http://ailab.ch/people/hkunz    CH-8050 Zurich, Switzerland

Spamtraps: hkunz bogus ailab ch hkunz bogus ifi unizh ch
---
Age before beauty; and pearls before swine.
		-- Dorothy Parker