Re: libwnck wnck_window_activate() not working

On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 12:03 -0800, Danan Sudindranath wrote:
> I get the following error when trying to activate a window with libwnck
> wnck_window_activate(), and as the error suggests, the window does not
> activate. Does anyone know what the error means?
>
> Wnck-WARNING **: Received a timestamp of 0; window activation may not
> function properly.

You have to call this function in response to an event such as a button
or key press, so that gtk_get_current_event_time() will return nonzero.
Kind of broken, really wnck_window_activate() should have a timestamp
argument, but since libwnck is a crufty internal API nobody has bothered
to fix it.

Havoc