connections:/// vfs

Hello there list,

I am the main developer of a new project called GNOME PPX
(http://s1x.homelinux.net/projects/gnome-ppx). It's a framework to
develop pppd dialers, we currently have a PPPoE, a PPPoA and a PPTP
dialers. It's a very young project but there are already some issues
about how it could be better integrated with the GNOME DE. I was
wondering if you guys think it is a good idea for me to write a new
gnome-vfs protocol uri, namely connections:///

This would be the uri for all connection types, PPP, PPPoE, PPPoA and
even Ethernet connections. Currently it would work as preferences
caplets, each icon would run a program.

The initial motivation is that if this project continues to support more
connection types then the applications menu will be populated with lots
of entries, this way we could unify it in a single place.

Thank you for your time,

Tiago Cogumbreiro