Re: gtk interface-less app

On Tue, 2003-05-20 at 18:53, Rob Clews wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wanting to write an application that has no gui apart from using the
> notification area, this is fine but the program waits in a loop for
> connections and hence either gtk_main doesn't run or the loop doesn't
> run. Is there any non-blocking gtk_main() or a way around this?

Well, there are at least a couple ways you could handle this.  One would
be to use the glib GIOConnection stuff to do your connection handling
(which would use the glib main loop).  Another might be to do your
socket stuff in a separate thread.  If I were you, though, I'd go with
the first option.

James