splash screen showing gnome foots

Hello -

don't know if this is already discussed, I just got aware of it.

I kept gkrellm2 on my screen as I was closing the session. The next time I started gnome I had four gnome foots on splash screen which all resulted of the gkrellm2 startup. I found out that the more programs I kept on screen when closing a session the more foots I got when starting a new session. OK, there may be something with these tools that they don't offer a nice icon or whatever but why all these tools get their own place on the splash screen? Shouldn't there be a startup app that starts all progs from session info and shows just one icon for that time?

At least for me this sounds logical :)

Greetings
Dennis Heuer