Re: gnome-vfs/GIOChannel for parsing

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 09:53:52AM +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> 	The thing that most deeply concerns me about the "Gtk+ should swallow
> Gnome" camp, is that one company utterly controls glib/gtk+ - it would
> be terrible if one company swallowed Gnome.

I believe in making *technical decisions* that are the right thing.
That means a single sensible platform that's easy to understand and
works. If you want to warp the platform into a big mess due to
paranoid conspiracy theories, stay away from GNOME.

You should consider that maybe someone just *doesn't agree with you*,
instead of finding it so amazing that someone could consider your
technical directions wrong, undocumented, unexplained, ill-timed, or
otherwise misguided, that you are forced to imagine nontechnical
motivations for disagreeing.

If someone wants to write a stream API, it's totally inappropriate to
drag him into your personal vendettas. You want to post a flame, post
a flame separately and stand behind it. But you better be sure you're
not throwing stones from the proverbial glass house.

Havoc