Re: Suggestion for file type detection approach

iain <iain prettypeople org> writes:

> Which is more common
> a) Files which are badly named?
> b) Files which are funny and nautilus sniffs the wrong thing?

I can't really say which is more common and happens more often (I
haven't counted), however b) is the one thing that is extremly
annoying and that I noticed much more. The reason for this is that a)
is the case of a users error and trivially fixed, most programms can
even simply avoid this to happen at all by forcing a correct suffix.
b) however is the result of the user doing nothing wrong but the
computer going goofy and leaving the user with no way to fix this,
basically rendering the filemanager unusable for some types of files.