Re: Suggestion for file type detection approach

Le mar 30/12/2003 à 13:11, Ingo Ruhnke a écrit :

> I repeat, its not about a file gets sniffed wrongly, its about the
> user being completly unable to do anything about it.

The solution could be having nautilus sniff the filetype the first time
it sees a file (and re-sniff it each time the file change), and store it
along the icon information cache. Then allow the user to change the
filetype in the property dialog.

That would speed up nautilus *and* allow grumpy users to override
mime-detection.

	Xav