Re: Integrating this behavior into nautilus?

søn, 2003-12-21 kl. 00:36 skrev Maurizio Colucci:
> On Saturday 20 December 2003 08:29 pm, Henrik Brink wrote:
> > lør, 2003-12-20 kl. 17:32 skrev Maurizio Colucci:
> > > Hello dear developers,
> > >
> > > I understand that you have layed out a god-blessed roadmap with the
> > > future features of nautilus, spatiality and so on. But could you please
> > > tell me if you are interested in integrating these ideas?
> > >
> > > See screenshots at
> > > http://segusoland.sourceforge.net
> > >
> > > This is REAL innovation and proved working.
> > > Think of the boost and publicity you would gain.
> > >
> > > Excuse me if I make a lot of noise but I think this thing must be
> > > advertised (so I can stop coding it myself :-))
> > >
> > > Maurizio
> >
> > Hi.
> >
> > I think it would be more than cool to have this integrated in Gnome.
> > This app could be started by pressing ALT-F1 (or whatever), and have a
> > icon in the notification area that told us what things the timer would
> > do in the future. Plus it would be running in the background so it would
> > take minimal time to launch.
>
> I was thinking of adding "intelligent option narrowing" capabilities to
> nautilus... not adding it to the gnome, but absorbing it.
> Of course many things would need to be changed, in primis the capability to
> select verbs, files, programs and devices. So far you can only select files
> :-)

Maybe I dont understand it, but I wouldn't want to start nautilus in
order to read emails, listen to music or whatever.

Just press ALT-F1, select Listen to music, and select the files.

Maybe a panel applet could have a litle text field where you could write
Listen... and then all actions starting with Listen would appear. When
you pressed enter on Listen to music, something new came up with the
files. So in the end I would have a phrase that said: Listen to music
made by Pink Floyd with Rhythmbox, for example.

I dont know if this function is already there, but I would also like the
program to remember that I use Rhythmbox to listen to music, for
example.

> > Just my thoughts

Again.

> > BTW, I've tried to compile, but it has never worked... By typing make in
>
> I replied privately to this...

Thanks. I will try again!