Re: gtkhtml2 vs. gtkhtml1

On Tue, 2002-09-17 at 16:48, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> There is currently one core application that uses gtkhtml2 -- Yelp. And
> for months now, Yelp has been usable with either version of gtkhtml (1
> or 2). Mikael has done fantastic work to get around the problem that
> although gtkhtml2 is theoretically superior, it is not being actively
> maintained. People truly have the best of both worlds. Evolution is
> another fairly important GNOME application, so it's not too surprising
> that we might plot the future with that in mind.

right i am not speaking of core applications.

- nautilus-gtkhtml
- encompass
- devhelp
- yelp (has definately a good solution for either choice)
- atlantis (still new but on freeze because of this situation)

and probably there are more apps outside that use it. apps that we don't
know about yet.

> The discussion here is about what to include in the core platform
> dependency list -- not about what every third-party application wants,
> since as explained above, they are not going to be suddenly deprived
> with respect to the current situation.

right ... but somehow the situation of gtkhtml2 is unclear to me.
gtkhtml2 HEAD has been getting some changes over the last couple of
weeks (not necessarily the a11y stuff). stuff like:

- 'maybe'
- 'don't know yet'
- 'let's see the future'

or similar things are no answer since my and probably other's work
depend on this. a clear 'YES' or 'NO' will do it better. if it's 'NO'
then i can trash my work and go doing something else.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali akcaagac stud fh-wilhelmshaven de