Re: How do I file filter with gnome_file_entry?

On Mon, 2002-09-09 at 21:56, Seth Ornstein wrote:

> How does one do a file filter when using gnome_file_entry, so that you can get a directory listing of say the *.txt files?  The Gtk library has the call gtk_file_selection_complete to do just that but I can't figure out how to make it work with gnome_file_entry....

Afaik this is not (yet) possible. I once wrote such a widget for
the Anjuta Gnome IDE which is currently being used in the CVS
as widgets/gnomefilelist.c widgets/gnomefilelist.h .. in order to
use this widget you have to change very few lines (the first x lines
I think).

Note that it does add size and bloat to your application if yours
is a smaller application. But since you want a file filter I guess
it's not a very small app anyway...

The gnomefilelist has a combobox where the user can choose which
filetypes she want's to make visible in the filelist. For the
developper there is an API included to add and remove filetypes
from this combobox.

I think there is a Gtk+-2/Gnome-2 port available already, as some
Anjuta developpers have started to port Anjuta to 2.0 (this port is
not the same as the Devstudio project).

http://anjuta.sf.net but do checkout the cvs in stead of the 1.9.x
releases or the hourly cvs tarballs :
http://anjuta.sourceforge.net/right_pannel.php?load=cvs

--
Philip van Hoof aka freax (http://www.freax.eu.org)
irc: irc.openprojects.net mailto:me at freax dot org