Some questions on double buffering and expose in gtk2.

Hi Folks,

How does the double buffering in gtk2 work when dealing with drawables?

After drawing to a gtk-drawable, expose events are generated when part of
the drawable is unobscured. What should I do with these? For gtk 1.2 I
connected an expose event handler to a void callback and
just redrew the exposed rectangle. This doesn't seem to work consistently
in gtk2. I get regions of blank areas in drawables.

I guess it's because of the double buffering in gtk2.

So what is the right way to handle expose events for gtk2? Is this
documented somewhere? Where?

Thanks very much!

Martin Sevior