Re: gconf2 schema installs as user.

Hi,

> Thomas Vander Stichele <thomas urgent rug ac be> writes:
> > I just want to ask here what you consider the best way to make this work
> > by default in both cases (user installs and system installs).
> >

> I guess the way it works right now is that you would pass
> --with-gconf-source=whatever alongside your --prefix=myhomedir.
> Well I'm not sure the configure option is --with-gconf-source but
> it's something like that.

Yes, I've seen that option; I'm trying to think of a solution without it.
My general strategy would be to
a) have gconftool-2 have an option that would give you a default writable
schema install dir (which I suppose is doable, no ?)
b) use this call and option at INSTALL time so that we get a writable path

It looks like this is sane (unless you see something I've overlooked),
with the crux being b), so if you'd consider this a good way to attack
this I don't mind looking into it and cooking it up.  The template
automake code is used  by every project in gnome, so it'd be nice to make
this possible.

Thomas

It's only love that stops you from walking out the door
<-*- thomas  (at) apestaart (dot) org -*->