From: James Henstridge [mailto:james daa com au]
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2002 9:55 PM
To: sarge Chris
Cc: gnome-devel-list gnome org
Subject: Re: Help me in the relationship between Xlib's windowID and GTK
widget

sarge Chris wrote:

> Hi experts,
>
> Here I met a problem:
>
> Suppose there are two GTK apps A and B,
>
> A can get B's window ID by XQueryTree, but how can A get the GtkWidget
> of B by its Xlib's WindowID?
>
> Is it possible? If so, pls give me a hand!
>
> Thanks a lot!

X windows are a server resources, which is why one app can see the
windows of another.  However, the GtkWidget structures are client side,
so you can't access them, so what you ask isn't really possible.

Without knowing what you are trying to do, it is a bit difficult to
recommend an alternative.  For some problems, Bonobo might be the answer.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au              | Linux.conf.au   http://linux.conf.au/
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/ | Jan 22-25   Perth, Western Australia.