Re: Help me in the relationship between Xlib's windowID and GTK widget
- From: James Henstridge <james daa com au>
- To: sarge Chris <sarge_gnome yahoo ca>
- Cc: gnome-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Help me in the relationship between Xlib's windowID and GTK widget
- Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 09:55:25 +0800
sarge Chris wrote:
X windows are a server resources, which is why one app can see the
windows of another. However, the GtkWidget structures are client side,
so you can't access them, so what you ask isn't really possible.
Here I met a problem:
Suppose there are two GTK apps A and B,
A can get B's window ID by XQueryTree, but how can A get the GtkWidget
of B by its Xlib's WindowID?
Is it possible? If so, pls give me a hand!
Thanks a lot!
Without knowing what you are trying to do, it is a bit difficult to
recommend an alternative. For some problems, Bonobo might be the answer.
Email: james daa com au | Linux.conf.au http://linux.conf.au/
WWW: http://www.daa.com.au/~james/ | Jan 22-25 Perth, Western Australia.
] [Thread Prev