Re: Small embeddable scripting language ?

On Fri, 2002-11-29 at 05:03, Biswapesh Chattopadhyay wrote:

> To conclude:
> 	1) Python it will be
> 	2) No generic language support
> 	3) I'll teach myself Python this weekend (as someone claimed, I should
> be an expert by Monday ;-)

in case you are interested on a common scripting solution, I've started
the implementation of that common stuff in the gnome-office module, as I
had planned for a long time.

It is right now very basic, but it's a starting point. It contains a
basic mono-based plugin to execute mono assemblies. The plugin interface
is just a couple of methods, but I plan to extend it based on BSF
(thanks Jens for the link) and people's input. Also, as soon as the
basic interface is done, I plan to add perl/python/etc support, so that
people can use the scripting engine with their favorite language.

So, if there is somebody interested on this, please have a look at CVS
and tell me what you'd change/add/remove.

cheers