Re: ? gnome_startup_acquire_token in GNOME2
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: "Sergey V. Udaltsov" <sergey oudaltsov clients ie>
- Cc: Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>, gnome-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: ? gnome_startup_acquire_token in GNOME2
- Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 10:41:33 -0500
On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 09:24:55AM +0000, Sergey V. Udaltsov wrote:
> > On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 12:18, Sergey V. Udaltsov wrote:
> > > Bad, very bad. I know it was hardcoded in gnome 1 but I expected some
> > > changes in gnome2:( So people will just see some gnomish foot trace,
> > > won't they?
> > Terrible that no-one (like you) has fixed it - I personally don't need
> > that feature.
> Well, I did not feel brave (smart/experienced) enough to work on gnome
> core sources. But if you insist :) - I could prepare some patch. The
> problem is that I work with the gnome from RH8.0 - which is out of date.
> Was gnome-session changed a lot since July?
It hasn't changed much, no, but it's easy enough to get latest code.
This particular problem is a bit tricky; basically what you want to do is have
applications set their icon as a session property, then have the session manager
record the icon in the session file. So it involves both libgnomeui and
] [Thread Prev