Re: Problem with installing from URI (A guess)

Hi Peter,

On Wed, 2002-06-26 at 08:46, Peter Snyder wrote:
> 	I am writting a program called Metacity-Setup, which, among
> other things, has a feature that allows the user to drag and drop a
> desktop file to the program to open up an install dialog (this is all
> just like the gtk2 theme installer, but simply for the metacity WM).

	Sounds good.

> However, if I try to install the theme (again, in the same way the gtk2
> theme installer does), it 50% of the time does a hard freeze, so
> sigfault, nothing on the terminal but an "A".  The other half of the
> time it works fine.  I have been trying to figure out this problem for
> weeks, no exageration, but with no success.  Any help you could provide
> would be greatly apreciated.

	When you say 'hard freeze' what do you mean ? an X grab leak so you
can't type / select anything ? or that the application itself has hung -
if so a backtrace would be helpful. It's hard to debug without more
information. You can try running the app on a console to help debugging
in the case of grab leakage incidentally.

	HTH,

		Michael.