Debug Bonobo Control

Help...

1. I've made an exact copy of the sample control
(bonobo-sample-controls-2) in the libbonoboui package.
2. I complied it with my own makefile. I get no compile errors.

    sample-control-1: sample-control-1.c
       $(CC) $(LIBS) $(CFLAGS) $< -o $@

3. Made bonobo-activation aware of it by HUPing the server.
4. When I try to add it into my bonobo container window I get this...

(bonobo-container-test1:22853): Bonobo-WARNING **: Activation exception
'Child process did not give an error message, unknown failure occurred'

** ERROR **: Can not create the control

aborting...
Trace/breakpoint trap

5. Is there anything I am missing here that is obvious? Anything to
check? How can I make bonobo spit out some more debugging information?

Thanks.