Creating my own widget (err: class is smaller than its parent class)

Hi there,

I am trying to write my own gtk widget
and I am having a few problems.

These are the three files that I am working on
in case you want to checkout the code :

http://freax.eu.org/files/GtkCodeText.h
http://freax.eu.org/files/GtkCodeText_in.h
http://freax.eu.org/files/example.c

I followed the example and tutorial at
<http://www.gtk.org/tutorial/sec-creatingacompositewidget.html>

During compilation of example.c I get no compilation errors nor warnings. But when I start my example program; I get this error :

"Gtk-WARNING **: The `GtkCodeText' class is smaller than its parent class `GtkText'."

I am using GtkText as parent class in stead of the
gtkvbox in the example and changed the GtkTypeInfo function as
described on <http://www.gtk.org/gtk+-1.2-Changes.html>

What am I doing wrong here ?

[root pluisje codecomp]# gcc example.c -ggdb `gtk-config --cflags --libs` [root pluisje codecomp]# ./a.out Gtk-WARNING **: The `GtkCodeText' class is smaller than its parent class `GtkText'
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
[root pluisje codecomp]#
--
Philip van Hoof aka freax (http://www.freax.eu.org)