Re: Work woth GUI from a thread that was made by pthread_create function

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Sander Vesik wrote:

> I think the main reason for using threads at this point of time is that
> you have all the necdcessary "middleware" but would need to invent it
> otherwise.

I beleve that threads became pupular since WindowsNT did't had any nice
ways to create processes and intercommunication between them was not
very good. (Eg select or poll on filedescriptors din't work very well).

GH

Göran Hasse            email: gh raditex se     Tel: 08-6949270
Raditex AB             http://www.raditex.se
Sickla Alle 7, 1tr                              Mob: 070-5530148
131 34  NACKA, SWEDEN