Re: Work woth GUI from a thread that was made by pthread_create function

That's a bit strong to say use heavy processes, not threads.  The glib
and gdk functions do make it easy to attach handlers to i/o events,
which often eliminates the need for threads and child processes
altogether.  However, GTK+ is thread-aware if you follow the guidelines
in the FAQ.  One thread can only manipulate the GUI at a time (true on
windows or gtk).  So you have to use special critical section blocks.
This has been covered quite a bit on this list(s), even in the last
week.

Michael