Re: gnome pixmaps

On Fri, 2002-02-08 at 09:11, Crispin Wellington wrote:

> On Thu, 2002-02-07 at 19:25, Lovison Sara - MEDICO Spa wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm new with Linux and Gnome.
> > I made a small application with a custom icon (xpm file) on a button.
> > I compiled it and all works fine. No warning or error message.
> > But when I run it I can't see my icon and appears a warning:
> > "Couldn't find pixmap file: /myproject/myicon.xpm".
> > I know that the problem is in the gnome_pixmap_file() call that I use to create pixmap from file.
> > The function gnome_pixmap_file looks for file in /usr/share/pixmaps/myproject,
> > but when I do 'make install' the file is installed in /usr/local/share/pixmaps/myproject.
>
> Your using autoconf/automake yeh? does reconfiguring as
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr
> make
> make install
>
> (will install it under /usr instead of /usr/local)
>
> work?

Or better still (which is the correct way to fix this) is to:

1) have the following lines in your src/Makefile.am

INCLUDE= ...\
	-DGNOMEPIXMAPDIR=\""$(datadir)/pixmaps/<package_name>"\" \

where, package_name is the name of your package.

2) and in the source files, read the pixmap file as:

gchar *pix_path = GNOMEPIXMAPDIR "/pixmap_file.xpm";

That's all. You should be able to get your pixmaps when installed with
any prefix.

--
Regards,
-naba