Re: xclock -borderwidth 0?

On 11 Dec, Havoc Pennington wrote:
>From that I take it that what your user wants to do is turn off the
> window manager frame - they could use the MWM hints for this.  Or in
> GTK, gtk_window_set_decorated() which translates to the MWM hints.
> -bw or setting window border does not affect the WM frame.
>
> Havoc

Yes, many thanks - I was unaware of the distinction between `window
border' and `window manager frame'. (Thank you for the very interesting
mini-history of these features, btw.) I'll now investigate the Motif
Window Manager (MWV) hints. (I see that you've written other postings on
this subject.)
--

John A. Murdie
Experimental Officer (Software)