translation

Sorry to post here, but it is a little bit devlopment too...

I'm looking into translating gnome in Fijian. I found the .pot files from the gtp adn an nice tool for translation gtranslator...

However how gettext work? Is the translation happen at compile time, or at execution time gettext will load the correct file depending of the locale?

And I haven't found yet information on the format of the LC_MONETARY and other files?